Thursday, May 24, 2018

Curation #47 from my Kerouac bookshelf: Dr. Sax and the Great World Snake by Jack Kerouac



Item #47 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this copy of Dr. Sax and the Great World Snake by Jack Kerouac. As the cover shows, it's a combo of 2 audio CDs and an unabridged illustrated screenplay. This copy appears to be a 2003 Gallery Six first edition and first printing. The provenance, I believe, is that it was a gift from a colleague when I left my professorship at Mansfield University in Pennsylvania in 2006. It's in good shape.

Dr. Sax and the Great World Snake is a screenplay that Kerouac wrote based on his novel, Dr. Sax, which we discussed a couple of blog posts ago. Sadly, I have yet to sit and listen to the CDs while following along with the written screenplay. It should be good and it's on my bucket list. Robert Creeley narrates and Lawrence Ferlinghetti plays the part of the Wizard. Even producer/director Jim Sampas plays a part. Music is provided by Blue Note recording artist John Medeski.

What did you think of Dr. Sax and the Great World Snake?






Below is a picture of Shelf #1 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (28th item from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: The Town and the City by Jack Kerouac.

Shelf #1 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: